Blockchain Travel site Travala.com is teaming up with Dash Core Group, the main development team supporting the Dash network, on a global open-source cryptocurrency payments platform.
Travala.com and Dash will spearhead the ongoing, prolific trend of crypto tourism by enabling the vast Dash community to benefit from up to 40% discounts on accommodation bookings made on Travala.com.
Matthew Luczynski, CEO and Founder of Travala.com, said,:
“In recent years, the blockchain industry has witnessed ongoing growth and maturity, cultivating a breed of projects that are designed to facilitate the mainstream adoption of decentralised technologies and cryptocurrency use. As one of the earliest players in the space, we have observed the pivotal role that Dash has played in bringing cryptocurrencies to the masses, by delivering a suite of services that is both easy to use and easy to understand. We are thrilled to be announcing this partnership with Dash as we share a vision of spearheading a future where crypto payments are ubiquitous and essential to everyday life.”
Appealing to both cryptocurrency users and everyday travellers alike, the partnership is envisaged to further drive the growth of the digital economy, as Dash community members holding conferences or meetups will be able to leverage Travala.com and its special discounts for their events. Dash enthusiasts who enter the Travala.com site through the links provided on Dash.org and Dash social media posts will also be entitled to 5% Dash back on all bookings paid in Dash.
With its extensive global presence, Travala.com’s expansive portfolio of over 82,000 destinations offers a myriad of accommodation offerings. By leveraging an equitable transparent pricing model, consumers benefit from increased cost-savings while the burden of high commission fees are removed for participating hotel partners. In addition to Dash, Travala.com currently accepts 15 different cryptocurrency payment options, along with a range of traditional forms of payments, including credit cards.
Ryan Taylor, CEO of Dash Core Group, said:
“We continue adding services that create value for Dash users to make it an increasingly relevant part of their everyday spending. Travala.com is a great match for the Dash network because both address the needs of the next generation of digitally-savvy consumers that embrace the benefits of digital currency. We think that Travala.com users will love the speed and simplicity of paying for their travel needs with Dash. And Dash users will love more options for spending Dash while earning a discount.”
Dash is one of the top cryptocurrencies for business and e-commerce use due to its fast transactions of about one second, low transaction fees, and seamless integration with merchant payments systems. To date, Dash is currently accepted across a global network of over 4,800 merchants and service providers.
Offering an average of 15% savings on bookings, Travala.com is the blockchain-based travel agency transforming the future of the online travel industry. With a portfolio of over 567,928 properties across 210 countries and territories, spanning 82,311 destinations, Travala.com leverages on the token economy to deliver a more streamlined booking process and fairer pricing system for consumers and merchants alike. In addition, Travala has recently announced partnerships with major event organizers such as Coindesk’s Consensus: Asia 2019, Futurama Summit Montenegro, CryptoCompare Digital Assets Summit, amongst many others.
For more information, visit: https://www.travala.com or follow the business on Twitter @travalacom
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments – July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings – July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds – July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web – July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash – July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform – July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials – July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty – July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial – July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext – July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 – July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association – June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria – June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard – June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress – June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project – June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency – June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction – June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO – June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services – June 3, 2019
View All Articles
Also published on Medium.
Credit: Source link