MinersINC unveiled India’s first blockchain powered film VOD platform ‘myNK’ at the Cannes Film Festival on Saturday, May 18, 2019. myNK comprises of a curated library currently consisting of 200+ films and growing – most of which have never before been released into India. Content includes critically acclaimed and award-winning films from festivals including Cannes, Tribeca, Sundance and Berlinale for Indian world cinema lovers for whom the realm of cinema goes beyond Hollywood and Bollywood. The mobile app will officially launch in June.
myNK’s unique blockchain enabled business model will unveil new, transparent and trusted revenue streams for many different stakeholders and modus-operandi of how various entities act and interact with each other in a not so friendly environment. The industry is going to witness the first-of-its-kind entertainment platform that has so much to offer to every stakeholder who is directly or indirectly associated with the value chain.
The platform aims at liberalizing the industry from distribution challenges, copyright issues, breach of contracts, lost monetization, non-transparent earnings and introduce incentivized social entertainment for the viewer community in which consumers will act as a prudent community responsible for unbiased reviewing, rating, distributing, recommending and curating content, making the marketplace more connected, holistic and intelligent. Consumers would be empowered as they follow and interact with the like-minded community on the platform and earn badges, rewards/viewing credits when they share/recommend/micro-distribute content to influence their networks
At the official launch day, Anurag Kashyap (acclaimed international film-maker and mentor/curator of myNK) addressed industry peers on these issues. This was followed by a panel discussion on the entertainment blockchain technology wave that will help address content creators’ distribution and piracy concerns and how a curated VOD platform like myNK with film fan engagement incentives is the most ethical option and solution today.
Blockchain enables secured sharing of content, legit consumption of content and rightful attribution in a transparent and decentralized manner.
Today, blockchain technology has revolutionised the whole world and India is no exception to it. With the launch of India’s first curated VoD platform and unique business model, blockchain will undoubtedly be looked at as the future of entertainment in India.
Nitin Narkhede (Founder & CEO, MinersINC), Anurag Kashyap, Orly Ravid (Founder and Co-Executive Director, The Film Collaborative LA), Esther van Messel (Founder & CEO First Hand Films), Wendy Bernfeld (content acquisition advisor for myNK and founder Rights Stuff digital agency) and Deepak Jayaram (Co-Founder, MinersINC)
MinersINC is a Blockchain-powered P2P platform which uses the transformative power of Blockchain Technology to build an entertainment ecosystem which empowers right-holders, enables consumers, and addresses some of the major gaps in India’s entertainment industry. The ecosystem is being designed for the Indian at heart and will forge a close-knit relationship between right-holders and consumers and facilitate the creation of a highly engaged community. The platform will deploy a community-driven approach for offerings in movies & music, enabling direct and more rewarding interactions between the right-holders and their target audiences.
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival – May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation – May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors – May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App – May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution – May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System – May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment – May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets – May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms – May 8, 2019
- IBM to Track Fresh Shrimp on the Blockchain – May 8, 2019
- Binance Cryptocurrency Exchange Hacked for 7000 BTC (USD $40 million) – May 8, 2019
- Gate.io Reports Success on First Three Successful IEO Projects – May 8, 2019
- Deloitte and RIDDLE&CODE expand partnership to enable the Token Economy – May 8, 2019
- Alprockz Partners with Fusion Foundation to Accelerate Swiss Franc-backed Stablecoin – May 6, 2019
- Major Canadian Banks Choose Blockchain Solution for Identity Verification – May 6, 2019
- Big Pharma Giant Pfizer and Others Join Life Sciences and Healthcare Blockchain Project MediLedger – May 6, 2019
- Craig Wright Pressured to Produce Evidence of Bitcoin and Blind Trust in the Dave Kleiman vs Craig Wright 1.1 Million BTC Court Case – May 6, 2019
- Facebook Kicks Off with their New Cryptocurrency Project Libra – May 6, 2019
- Vanbex Fights Back Against Asset Seizure in Civil Case by Suing Former Contractor for Libel – May 6, 2019
- Philippines’ CEZA Awards ADAX Rights to Open a Security Token Issuance platform and Security Trading Exchange – May 6, 2019
View All Articles
Credit: Source link